Casoni Fabbricazione Liquori was born and raised in Finale Emilia, a town to which the company is particularly attached, and to which it owes so much and would like to give back just as much. Since 1814 its business has been of considerable importance for the development of the local economic and social fabric and the company has often taken practical actions with the goal of improving the quality of life of people and the environment. To date, Casoni has been actively engaged on a number of fronts ranging from integration to eco-sustainability.
For further information, consult the "Environmental Policy" file that can be downloaded from the "What we do" section.
Casoni Fabbricazione Liquori Spa has recently obtained ISO 14001 Environmental Certification, an undertaking which indicates the significant efforts made by the company towards eco-sustainability increasingly moving towards the identification and control of the effects that their activities, and in particular every one of their products, can have on the environment.
Since December 2010, the company has equipped itself with a rooftop photovoltaic system covering an area of about 4,500 sqm, with a power of around 350 Kwp and that guarantees self-production of 30% of the company's total energy needs.
The surplus is put back into the Italian national grid network to be recirculated on via normal electric distribution lines.
Our environmental focus is also reflected in the provision of a charging column for electric cars (also available to third-party users). This is powered by our photovoltaic system during typical levels of solar radiation, while during bad weather it works using power from the national grid.
100% of the energy used by the company comes from renewable sources, that is 30% from the photovoltaic system and the remaining 70% purchased on the free market from suppliers who produce it from renewable sources such as hydroelectrics, photovoltaics and so on.
Casoni's commitment to Banda Rulli Frulli — an experimental project of a music ensemble based on inclusion and eco-sustainability — has created a project involving the employment of five musicians with disabilities and a professional musician responsible for their management and coordination. These young boys and girls will be supported by the APS Rulli Frulli Lab, and in particular by the teachers of Banda Rulli Frulli together with their support staff. This initiative aims to enrich the Rulli Frulli Band in terms of personal relationships by promoting the integration of people with disabilities within the group. The aim is to bring out the potential of young people who will gain work experience and to raise civic awareness even further on the issue of breaking down barriers and encouraging social inclusion.
Banda Rulli Frulli was founded in 2010 as an experimental ensemble music project at the Scuola di Musica Carlo e Guglielmo Andreoli Foundation based on an idea of Director Federico Alberghini.
Initially a marching band, the Band demonstrated its inclusive and ecological character right away as the girls and boys, both those who are neurotypical and those with disabilities, came together to play on musical instruments constructed from recovered materials.
- Encouraging the social inclusion of boys and girls with disabilities through collaborative projects that strengthen their sense of self-reliance.
- Promoting musical culture and inclusion of diversity in the social reference context.
- Stimulating the creativity of musicians and the expression of their personal development.
- Encouraging individual and group empowerment by experimenting and expanding relational skills.
- Increasing musical skills.
- Promoting the importance and meaning of the Banda Rulli Frulli project to citizens, through concerts, product sales, creation of recreational events, scientific insights. This is to help young people as far as possible to be pro-active participants in their work placement.
Today, the Banda Rulli Frulli has been responding to the earthquake that made its venue unusable in 2012 by performing a large number of concerts throughout Italy and also joining in a wide range of experimental projects dedicated to musical education and social inclusion. The 70 musicians who make up the Band are between eight and 30 years old and are girls, boys, women and men all with different skills and backgrounds.
Banda Rulli Frulli has always considered individuals with disabilities to be citizens with rights, such as the right to study and to work. This is why they are very much focused on encouraging musicians with disabilities to join the Band. This is a goal that requires the creation of an environment that welcomes people with disabilities and one that is free of physical and relational barriers.